Pattern Health’s vision is to make healthcare more efficient and effective through connected care and research products. Naturally, this involves working with information that is important to you, and we appreciate the trust you have placed in us to protect your privacy.
Information we collect, why we collect it, and how the information is used
Information provided by you (“User-Provided Information”)
Marketing and general business communication
If you request information from us through our website, by phone, by mail or in person, you provide us with personal contact information such as your name, email address or phone number. We process and store this data in order to communicate with you about our Services.
If you apply for a job you provide us with your resume and other personal information which are necessary to be able to process your application and contact you about an employment opportunity.
To engage in marketing activities, we also collect information about your publicly available social media profiles, interests and preferences. We process such information to better understand you, to maintain and improve the accuracy of the information we store about you, and to better promote or optimize our Services. In addition, we may also use this information to deliver targeted advertising and marketing to you, where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with your marketing preferences.
Through normal use of our Services
Through normal use of our Services, you may enter information such as your weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, daily activity, blood glucose levels, medications, photos, notes, your health goals, your name, email address, birth date, gender and other sensitive information. The Services use this information to allow you to track and share your health data. You may encrypt this information on your mobile device by setting a passcode on iOS or enabling device encryption on Android.
We use your information to provide you with the Services and to understand your behavior and preferences to improve our products.
We use your name and contact information to contact you from time to time with important messages and information about our Services.
Automatically Collected Information
We work with third-party analytics companies to automatically collect and analyze certain anonymous information that helps us understand how our products are being used and improve them. Automatically Collected Information includes:
- Frequency and duration of usage
- Version information about your device, its operating system and web browser
- Non-precise location information, such as your zip code
- Information about the way you use our products, such as what screens you visit and what settings you enable
- Any errors that occur while you are using our products. We do not collect precise information about the location of your device.
To protect the anonymity of this Automatically Collected Information, we do not send the third parties analytics companies any information that identifies you personally. The third parties with whom we share information include:
Pattern Health allows you to share your User-Provided Information:
- With whoever you choose, by generating a report of the data and emailing it;
- With other users with whom you choose to share data, such as your healthcare provider.
When you contact us for help or to provide feedback, you generally provide information such as your name and email address along with your message. We use the information you provide us to contact you from time to time to time with important information about our products. Support information you provide is also subject to the respective privacy policies of UserVoice and ZenDesk, publishers of the customer support software we use.
Third-party access to information
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose Anonymized User-Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- If Pattern Health is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information;
There are multiple opt-out options for users of our products:
- Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the application and deleting your account. You may use the standard uninstall processes that are available as part of your mobile device or mobile application marketplace. You may delete your account by editing your user profile and selecting ‘Delete My Account’.
- Opt-out of the syncing with the Apple Health app in the Health app settings or on the User tab of HeartStar.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User-Provided Information for as long as you use the product and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We value your privacy and will always do our best to protect your private data. Pattern Health products are designed for use by healthcare organizations subject to the privacy and security standards defined by the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our products. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide excellent security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. Should a breach occur, you will be notified within a reasonable time via email and/or a prominent notice on our website.
Pattern Health is the controller of the personal data you provide to us, which means we determine the purposes and the way in which your personal data is processed. Pattern Health is also a processor for some of our customers, such as healthcare providers and research organizations, on behalf of whom we process personal data they control.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using our products, or have questions about our practices, you may contact our Data Protection Officer, Privacy Officer and Security Officer via email at email@example.com.
Last updated: May 25, 2018
Please sign in to leave a comment.